Caneadea Water Treatment Facility
MRB Group was retained by the Town of Caneadea to complete the study, design, municipal bidding, and construction oversight of a drinking water filtration and delivery system to address a significant issue associated with the existing water supply – the presence of arsenic and other contaminants in the drinking water.
Following extensive testing, MRB Group recommended an effective and cost-efficient solution, prepared the necessary reports and construction bid documents, and provided project oversight from design concept to construction.
The system includes:
- Development of a new well source
- A newly designed treatment plant
- Enhanced water quality with arsenic levels below 1µg/L, iron below 0.01mg/L, and manganese below the detection limit of 0.01mg/l after a 12-hour filter run
- A new water main with an optimized route, reducing costs and minimizing potential environmental impacts
- Sustainable design for future expansion
- An innovative solids handling system
- Utilization of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funding
- A significant annual savings to Town residents
This system has proven its ability to bring a water supply into full compliance with current drinking water standards.
The Town of Caneadea now serves additional residents with the system’s increased capacity.