Beaver Creek Park Master Plan
Having worked with the Town of Farmington on numerous projects, both MRB Group and RLB Planning Group were selected by the Town of Farmington to create the Beaver Creek Master Plan and update the Town of Farmington Park & Recreation Master Plan.
As part of the subdivision process for the Auburn Meadows and Beaver Creek Estates developments, the Town was offered two parcels totaling over 40 acres of land for the purpose of creating a Town Park.
Discussions regarding the Beaver Creek Park concept included both passive and active recreational needs. The Master Plan considered the following:
- Integration of the existing Auburn Trail within the park plan
- Active recreation, such as soccer, lacrosse, and/or football fields
- Passive recreation, such as nature trails, walking trails, picnic areas, and pavilions.
- Grading and drainage of the site
- Buffering from adjoining residential property
- Vehicular access and parking areas
- Utility and infrastructure needs for comfort station(s)
MRB Group, working in collaboration with RLB Planning Group and McCord Snyder Landscape Architecture, organized and conducted workshops with the Town Board, Planning Board Committee members and community residents to review conceptual designs, inform key stakeholders of all progress, and receive valuable feedback to enhance the planning process.
Utilizing years of experience working with the Town of Farmington, MRB Group provided an enhanced level of knowledge of the Town and its infrastructure. This information proved to be vitally important in the development of the Master Plan Document, and expedited its completion.