Leaders and innovators from around South Carolina were honored July 21st at the 2022 Icons and Phenoms luncheon presented by SC Biz News. The event was held at the Doubletree by Hilton Columbia.
For the first time, the event recognized influencers from around the state, with six Icons and six Phenoms selected from the Upstate, Coastal and Midlands regions.
Icon honors went to established leaders who have helped shape their communities both through business and civic engagement, while the Phenoms are rising new influencers making an impact where they live.
One Icon and one Phenom were selected for statewide honors.
The statewide Phenom was Dr. Kathleen Domm, foster care medical director at Select Health of South Carolina, an exclusive Medicaid managed care organization which provides health care services to more than 5,000 children in foster care around the state. Dr. Domm is a board-certified pediatrician with a passion for improving the health and well-being of children. Her team contacts each child and their foster care placement as soon as the child enters the system. She also volunteers at the Shifa Clinic in Mount Pleasant, providing free health care services to uninsured children.
Statewide Icon honors went to Elizabeth Igleheart, vice president of advancement at Transitions Homeless Center in Columbia. Igleheart joined the agency six years ago and since then has made big strides in building community support and engagement. Under her leadership, an agency fundraiser that once took in $20,000 annually now brings in more than $95,000. She also helped create automated approaches to fundraising and led a capital campaign to purchase and renovate a second property to serve elderly and medically fragile homeless people.
Doctor’s Care, Nephron Pharmaceuticals and Doubletree by Hilton Columbia sponsored the event.
Icons Upstate Region
- Stewart Spinks: The Spinx Co. LLC
- Heather Simmons Jones: MRB Group
- Pamela Evette: State of South Carolina
- Chris Manley: Engenius
- Ric Standridge: Standridge Studio & Gallery
- Jennifer Sutton: Curiosity Inc. Bright+Co and OrangeWIP
Icons Midlands Region
- Elizabeth Igleheart: Transitions Homeless Center
- Jean Toal: Supreme Court of South Carolina
- Ann Marie Stieritz: Liberty Fellowship
- Catherine Cantey: Cantey Advisors
- Lila Anna Sauls: Homeless No More
- Sam Moses: Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein
Icons Coastal Region
- W. Ford Graham: McGuireWoods Consulting LLC
- Sean Popson: Select Health of South Carolina
- Shanda Johnson: Cornerstone Camp
- Jim O’Connor: JMT
- Edie Blakeslee: Coastal Community Foundation
- Tiffany Johnson-Wilson: Johnson & Wilson Real Estate Co.
Phenoms Upstate Region
- James Jordon: Jordon Construction Co.
- Jessica McCoy: Brasfield & Gorrie LLC
- Jennifer Belshe: Novus Advisors
- Bill Hathaway: Noregon Systems Inc.
- Sallie Holder: The Brimm
- Brian Stearns: RingoFire
Phenoms Midlands Region
- Kiara Streater: Extraordinary Headhunters LLC
- Nancy Lee: Habitat for Humanity, South Carolina
- Sh’Kur Francis: Main Street United Methodist Church; Bamberg County
- Trevor Knox: Terminix Service Inc.
- Katherine Myers: Burnette Shutt & McDaniel PA
- Ayanna White: Power in Changing — The Diaper Bank of the Midlands
Phenoms Coastal Region
- Kathleen Domm: Select Health of South Carolina
- Karriema Calhoun: The Boeing Co.
- Wes Wilson: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
- Jana Riley: Public Works Art Center
- Katie Blomquist: Going Places
- Edward Copes: Atlas Technologies Inc.